[jetty-dev] Mainline branches have been restyled

The planned restyling of the Jetty mainline branches has been completed.

The `jetty-9.4.x` branch and `jetty-10.0.x` branch have both been restyled.
And branch `jetty-9.4.x` has been merged up to `jetty-10.0.x` branch.

A tag for the commit before the restyling was applied is available for both branches.
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/releases/tag/jetty-9.4.x-pre-restyling
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/releases/tag/jetty-10.0.x-pre-restyling

As for what style?
See the new /build-resources/ module for relevant content.

For the checkstyle:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-9.4.x/build-resources/src/main/resources/jetty-checkstyle.xml

For Eclipse IDE code style / formatter:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-9.4.x/build-resources/jetty-codestyle-eclipse-ide.xml

For IntelliJ IDE code style / formatter:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/blob/jetty-9.4.x/build-resources/jetty-codestyle-intellij.xml

The checkstyle rules are currently informational, as we get to terms with them.
It's likely that a few quick changes to the rules will happen in the short term as we all come to terms with what the rules reveal.

In the future (probably before Summer is over in the northern hemisphere), all commits / PRs will be validated against the checkstyle rules.

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top