Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty upgrade with ALPN

2. Do we also need jetty-alpn-openjdk8-client artifact in the class path to be set?

Yes, as Java 8 does not have ALPN support built in. (ALPN support in java was introduced in Java 9)

Neha: We are currently using JDK 8 with Jetty v9.4.7.v20170914, but we never had to set the openjdk8 library in the class path. Now, it seems that with the upgrade, this needs to be done. Has this implementation changed in the newer version of Jetty i.e.v v9.4.15.v2019021 that we are trying to upgrade to?

This requirement was present on Jettty 9.4.7 as well

It's been a requirement for ALPN (and before that, NPN the precursor for ALPN) support on Java 8 since Jetty 9.0.0.

- Joakim

Back to the top