Re: [jetty-dev] TLS Support

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 11:59 PM Thomas Lußnig <jetty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there an more detailed information about the problem:
>
>     Java 11 has a problematic TLS implementation. Currently, the Jetty
>     team recommends using JDK 12 until such time that the fixes in JDK 12 are
>     backported to Java 11 TLS.

We only see this problem when running load tests, see for example:
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/3368
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/3301
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/3239

It does not happen all the times, so it's a random bug to find and figure out.

We have not investigated deeply what it is, but we have other
confirmation as well: running the CometD benchmarks fails with 11.0.2,
but passes cleanly with 12RC.
We will investigate and eventually send out the details, but it may
take some time.

--
Simone Bordet
----