Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty 9.4.10 Release Plans?

Milestone and Release Candidate releases are unstable/testing releases and don't go through all of the requirements of a formal release.
Typically a Milestone or Release Candidate release is seen when working with other projects that are pushing through some kind of issue they are having.

The conversation on Milestone / Release Candidate releases are often seen on other issue tracking systems (like spring, conscrypt, cometd, eclipse ide, etc).

The formal releases enter a staging process, a period of testing, soliciting feedback in numerous forms (irc, mailing lists, issue tracker, gitter, stackoverflow, etc).
A major version release goes through a release review at Eclipse legal.
Any new dependencies go through approval at Eclipse legal.
The promotion to release occurs when the feedback warrants it.
When the promotion is verified, the apidocs are published, download.eclipse.org is updated, and ...
A formal release announcement is made on jetty-announce mailing list.
After that, all of the followup work occurs (eclipse p2 repositories, documentation promotion, rolling older releases to archive status on download.eclipse.org, etc ...)

Joakim Erdfelt / joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx