Re: [jetty-dev] Eclipse BIRT and Jetty 9.4.3

hi,

I have actually tried to upgrade my system to BIRT 4.6.0 and I didn't manage to get it to work.

My system runs on Jetty 9.4.3 and BIRT 4.4.0 works fine with it.

When I tried to upgrade the system to use BIRT 4.6.0 I kept getting weird class loading exceptions and I did not manage to get to the bottom of them.

At this moment I don't have any stacktraces to show but I can reproduce them if you guys think they would be helpful.

They were all like "Can't load BIRT class such and such".

For the record, I use BIRT as a library, I use their APIs directly.

For the record again, I wish there was a valid alternative to BIRT.

It brings in a number of dependencies that is simply mind blowing. The documentation is poor. The API isn't great.

Just a rant..

thanks,
Michele