Best wishes for the New Year.
Dalibor and I will be at FOSDEM '17, Brussels 4 & 5 February.
Let us know if you will be there, hopefully we can meet up !
JDK 9 Early Access b151 is available on
There have been a number of fixes to bugs reported by Open Source
projects since the last availability email :
- JDK-8171377 : Add sun.misc.Unsafe::invokeCleaner
- JDK-8075793 : Source incompatibility for
inference using -source 7
- JDK-8087303 : LSSerializer pretty print does not work anymore
- JDK-8167143 :CLDR timezone parsing does not work for all
Other changes that maybe of interest:
- JDK-8066474 : Remove the lib/$ARCH directory from Linux and
- JDK-8170428 : Move src.zip to JDK/lib/src.zip
Schedule - Milestones since last availability email
- JEP 295:
has been integrated in b150.
Feature Extension Complete 22nd of December 2016
- Rampdown Started 5th of January 2017
- Phases in which increasing levels of scrutiny are applied to
- In phase 1, only P1-P3 bugs can be fixed. In phase 2 only
showstopper bugs can be fixed.
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA , Dublin, Ireland