Re: [jetty-dev] Fwd: A deadlock when use websocket in jetty7.6.8 / jre1.6.0_29

Hi,

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM, 魏东泽 <ww.cs.sjtu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I found a deadlock recently in my product, and I'm using jetty7.6.8 and
> jre1.6.0_29.
> I was using "atmosphere-framework" to implement a chat tool, and I found the
> server have no response sometime because of a deadlock.
> The link which described the problem:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/atmosphere-framework/dt0YyzmCojQ
> and I've copied and attached the log of deadlock as the end of the mail.
> I think it is probably a jetty's bug, and I hope update jetty to a new
> version may solve it.

It's actually an Atmosphere bug.

Atmosphere is doing a write while holding a lock on a
AtmosphereResourceImpl object, from thread qtp12146666-155.
Writes should never be performed with locks held.

You may want to try CometD instead of Atmosphere: http://cometd.org.
It is a fast, scalable easy to use framework to do web messaging, and
Atmosphere uses the same protocol that was defined by the CometD
project (the Bayeux protocol).

> The problem is that I searched and found no issues/changelogs which tells
> which version should I use.
> So I wondering is that caused by jetty? if so, can I update jetty solve this
> problem? and which version should I use?(the lower the better),
> And if I have to use jetty8/9, must I update the jre to 1.7? (updating jre
> may cause a big environment change, I'm afraid of causing other problems in
> my product)
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks so much.

Updating Jetty won't likely solve your problems, as it is a problem in
Atmosphere.

--
Simone Bordet
----