Re: [jetty-dev] Feedback on proposed start.jar and start.ini changes.

Since we now have these start.d ini files floating around in the jetty-distribution module in git, how about we move the stuff we currently have located under src/main/config in various modules into the jetty-distribution resources as well.  It is a bit difficult to look at the unassembled distribution and sort out what is what, you end up having to figure out what module what etc/*.xml file would be coming in from and look for it there.

A side benefit would be that we could stop producing the -config classified artifacts which are purely used for pushing configuration from modules into the distribution...right now they are used once and then clog up maven central and make for a very large pom.xml in the distribution as it pulls them in and unpacks them into the relevant place.

It feels with these changes we are making to make the distribution more friendly for users we could gain some ground in making the whole this more straight forward and understandable by bringing those configuration files under the jetty-distribution as well.

thoughts?

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell