From: Michele Rossi <michele.rossi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 April 2013 18:45
Subject: [jetty-users] Jetty 9 & SPDY
To: jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

hi,
I am trying to configure Jetty 9 with SPDY and I am currently experiencing some difficulties.

I have been trying to follow the docs at http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/spdy-configuring.html but they might be slightly out of date for Jetty 9.

In the start.ini I have un-commented jetty-ssl.xml and jetty-spdy.xml.

I can see in the logs that the SSL-npn starts successfully on my secure port.

- When a browser connects to the non ssl HTTP port the protocol isn't upgraded to SPDY.
I assume this is expected but I am not 100% sure.

- If I connect Chrome to the secure port I can see with Fiddler that the connection does not get upgraded to SPDY either.

- I have tried to use a perf testing app for Chrome which can force SPDY traffic and that worked so it probably confirms that I have a NPN / SPDY connector working

The user guide says that the SSL connector should be configured with TLSv1 as older versions of the protocol do not support Next Protocol Negotiation.
If you try to configure "IncludeProtocols" in Jetty 9 the server does not start.

I could start looking at the code but if anyone here has a quick answer it would save me a lot of time.

Many thanks for your help.
Michele

Back to the top