Re: [jetty-dev] SDPY client gets overwhelmed when subscribing to high volume incoming messages

Hello,
We are implementing a real time data stream processing platform. So for the sake of this discussion please assume the "Publisher" to be a source of real-time data input. This is the reason I am sending data at the rate of 10^5 microseconds is to test that our stream processing platform is able to scale up to high volumes of input(s) .

Likewise the subscriber here can be thought of as our stream processing platform receiving the data streams from several inputs.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Abhinav

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Abhinav Rajan <abhinav.rajan0@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> Please find below a sample subscriber and a publisher. The subscriber
> becomes unresponsive and stops subscribing to messages after the count
> crosses two hundred thousand. Could you please let me know what I am doing
> wrong,

Not sure what you mean by "subscriber" but there is no subscription in
your code.

Your client opens a stream, send one chunk of data, does not close the stream.

Your server receives the stream open request, sends a reply, then
sends data frames every 1 *micro* second forever without closing the
stream.

I have no idea what you're trying to do by sending data frames every
microsecond.

--
Simone Bordet
----