Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty-9 and aggregates

I have three issues with them as they currently stand:

1 - they are duplication of content already pushed into central,
merely an aggregation of already decomposed artifacts that a maven
plugin/ant target/shell script could be used to build a local
aggregation of the same content

2 - when importing into an IDE you really have to disable them or you
end up getting chaos with duplicated classes/source all over the place

3 - I largely feel it is an abuse of the service that maven central
provides us...each release we are dumping effectively another 70meg (i
ball-parked 8.1.4 and then x2 it) of this assembly content out there

I am largely fine with maintaining this process for jetty7 and 8
because they should not be _that_ many more releases of them...but
future wise I think we would be well served to reduce this footprint

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell