[jetty-dev] Re: An IO exception while reading from a CGI's stderr can stop jetty from logging

I have a problem where my jetty servers stop logging the stderr from my CGI scripts. I've tracked this down to where servlets.CGI#exec calls IO.copyThread(p.getErrorStream(),System.err);

The problem is that sometimes copyThread gets an exception while reading the stderr from my script. I don't know why this happens but the result of this is that copyThread closes both its input and output streams. The output stream is system.err and the result is that jetty can't log anything after this.

It seems to me that this is the wrong behavior. Nothing that a CGI does should cause jetty's stderr to be closed, right?

Back to the top