Re: [jetty-dev] Transactions necessary for db pooling with JNDI??

Will,

Have you declared a <resource-ref> in your web.xml for the datasource?
Declaring it in a jetty config file declares it to the container, and
puts it into the container's naming tree. Declaring a <resource-ref> in
your web.xml says that you want a resource from the container's environment hooked into your webapp, as per the javaee/servlet spec.

cheers
Jan

Will Brown wrote:
I still haven't been able to figure out how to get my dbpool for mysql
(see thread below). JNDI doesn't set up a pooling object for me. JNDI
does work, however, since I have been able to set up an EnvEntry in my
jetty-env.xml and it appears perfectly in my comp:java/env context. My
jetty-env.xml is copied in the earlier thread.

Now I have a theory: Perhaps I need to configure transactions to get a
dbpool?  Maybe JNDI refuses to set it up without transactions? I don't
use database transactions so I would have thought I don't need to
configure it. But the server always reminds me that I don't have
transactions configured when I start it.

Pleez help.