[jetty-dev] ip review question for jetty artifact publishing

Morning all,

I brought this up with Barb this morning and it was sufficiently
question worthy that we thought it best that I mail here with a
description of what we want to do to make sure everything is clear.
I'll start by stating some known quantities and wrap up with the
question I am hoping to have cleared up here.

* jetty7 now has its source in the eclipse svn repository
* jetty7 is a project in incubation
* jetty7 is in the parallel review process
* jetty7 has previously published artifacts in the central maven
repository (scroll down to the 7.0.0.pre# numbers)
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/jetty/

We already have users of our jetty7 codebase, they consume our
artifacts directly from the maven central repository via the link I
provided you above.  It has been some time since we published new
artifacts up there for our users to work with (hence the 'pre'
extensions to the versions) as we have been waiting to get things into
eclipse and get this process moving.  We are now at a state were we
would like to publish some updated artifacts into maven central for
users to start working with and giving us feedback on.  In keeping
with the eclipse process our intent was to version our artifacts as
7.0.0.M# (0,1,2,3, ...) and get the corresponding project plans in
place, etc.  We figured we would place an INCUBATION.txt file in each
artifact and do what we could to make sure it was clear that these
were artifacts coming from a project under incubation at eclipse.

We are currently thinking:

* no published artifacts would be available from the jetty eclipse
download location
* no artifacts (jar files) would be committed into svn anywhere at eclipse
* no eclipse bundles would yet be created by this process (still need
to iron out what and how we want to do this)
* these artifacts would in no way effect other projects inside of
eclipse, nor be used by other eclipse projects (they wouldn't even be
osgi bundles in the eclipse sense of the term

So, time to ask the question!

Given that we are in incubation at eclipse and in the parallel ip
review process, is there any roadblock from the IP team in allowing us
to get these updated artifacts published to the central maven
repository for our other non-eclipse users?  There are no technical
issues preventing us from doing this, I just want to make sure it is
ok with the IP team since my understanding is that we are the first
team in eclipse that has these sorts of concerns and situation.

cheers!
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell