[jdt-ui-dev] Linked Rename

Hello,

i've played around with the "linked rename" feature, which is new in 2.1 M4. I would like to suggest an enhancement for this. As far as I know this feature always acts on the whole java file. Most of the time this is OK, but sometimes i like to rename an identifier, that is local to one specific method. So my suggestion is to have different kinds of this feature. One that does a global rename of all instances of one identifier throughout the whole file, and another that only acts on the method your are currently working on.

Can anybody think of other options ?

regards
Joachim

Back to the top