[jdt-ui-dev] Fw: OOPSLA *2001* "Implementing Refactoring Support..." paper/article request

Valentino,
let us move the discussion to jdt-ui-dev, which is the correct forum for it

a.
--------------------------------

> >Do you have some more materials or examples for the refactoring API and
> how
> >to reuse it?
>
> Currently, there's no refactoring API - it's all internal.
> There're, however, some discussions on that.
> a.

Hmmm, at the University of Hamburg in the software engineering department,
we just started a project in an XP like fashion (a team project...), where
we will take Eclipse as our underlayed Java IDE for research.

My part inside this team is actually to prepare a sort of presentation for
the other team members about the Eclipse Refactoring API. What should I
tell
them now? Should I tell them that there is actually no Refactoring API
inside Eclipse?

So how is all the actual Refactoring support inside Eclipse then setup? The
OOPSLA 2001 paper somehow suggerated to me a sort of existing API, even the
term API hasn't been used inside that paper.

It would be nice if you could provide me at least with some more details
about the actual build in Refactoring scheme of Eclipse, so I can write
something down for my presentation and for our team discussion.

BTW, where you say there isn't any API actually, how can we then reuse the
Eclipse refactoring infrastructure for own enhancements or refactoring
addons? That's what I usually want to do for Eclipse during our University
project.

Greetings Valentino

Back to the top