Re: [jdt-dev] eclipse.jdt.git moved to gitHub.com

------ Original Message ------
From: "Sravan K Lakkimsetti" <sravankumarl@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse JDT general developers list." <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 25/03/2022 09:19:04
Subject: Re: [jdt-dev] eclipse.jdt.git moved to gitHub.com

Hi Jinbo,

Eclipse sdk uses more than 25 repositories. We wanted to greater control over our repositories. For this we created 4 organisations(1 per project used by eclipse sdk) and moving the repositories to respective organizations.

Hi Sravan,

your reply could be interpreted as implying that github.com/eclipse is the repo of the Eclipse SDK or IDE. It's not: it's the github org of the Eclipse _foundation_.  Stuff like jkube (https://github.com/eclipse/jkube) lives there which has nothing to do with what we do, techically. Just wanted to make sure people don't get confused on this one.

I would say that these days, most Eclipse Foundation projects that have multiple github repos should have their own github org like github.com/eclipse-theia or github.com/eclipse-che

/Thomas

Back to the top