Re: [jdt-dev] Foundation Code and Issue services reminder

Stephan,

No, it's not just you.  I would have hoped for a full plan where all these questions have clear answers up front, rather than hopefully after the fact.  And what bothers me most is that every project will have the same questions, again and again...

I'm not even sure the exact process for PRs, and if you don't know what those are, they're pull requests.   At this point it seems more much important to reach the destination than it is to have documentation, rules, or guidelines:

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/platform-dev/msg03408.html

I'm also not sure the pros and cons of using Eclipse's gitlab versus github, or whether there was any discussion about that choice.   I'm pretty sure though that all the cool kids are on github and they already know what needs to be done there because they're quite familiar with it.   I just hope that all our own cool kids will now have time to review all the cool contributions from all the new cool kids who will think Eclipse is cool because it's at github and that our cool kids don't spend all their time on just their own cool things which are now so much cooler on github.  Hopefully the cool kids will even document the new processes we're supposed to follow, though maybe documentation and processes are totally uncool...

Regards,
Ed

On 15.03.2022 18:31, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
Thanks, Christoph for first answers.

On 15.03.22 15:15, Christoph Läubrich wrote:
> How can I access the new repo using my Eclipse account?

Just a two simple steps:

1) register an account at github with the same e-mail you used for eclipse (not required but recommended for dinosaurs). 2) add the github username to your existing eclipse account in the user profile

Has it ever occurred to anybody, that some committer might - for whatever reasons - not be comfortable with using a GitHub account (for their Eclipse work, or generally)?

More of my questions remain unanswered as of yet. I know that a lot of things are technically possible. How will JDT *use* that technology? What about existing content?

Maybe I can't find the new rules, because people no longer want any rules?

I could ask more questions. Is it only me?

Stephan