[jdt-dev] maven repo pom issue

Hi

The deployment of org.eclipse.jdt:org.eclipse.jdt.core:XXXX on Maven uses version ranges to specify it's dependencies e.g. org.eclipse.platform:org.eclipse.text:[3.6.0,4.0.0)

The problem with this is that it's too open ended and when trying to retrieve the last version that supported jdk8 (version 3.25.0) the transitive dependencies bring in versions that are compiled for jdk11 e.g. org.eclipse.platform:org.eclipse.text last jdk8 version was 3.9.0 but version 3.12.0 is chosen which compiles to jdk11

I can see this being an issue in the future on the switch from jdk11 -> 17.

So would it be possible to change to using strict dependency version numbers in the pom.xml deployed to Maven instead of ranges.  Currently to get the jdk8 version working I have to specify all the transitive dependencies manually.

regards
Arthur

Back to the top