[jdt-dev] "Step Into" a java method programmatically

I'm currently develop a debugger for a text-based language [1] that maps to java methods when executing, this works quite well, but now I'd like to add a "step-into" for it.

Stepping into such a step (in the screenshot in the link line 7) would mean that I have matched each line to a java method before, and now I'd like the java(!) debugger to stop there the next time this method is entered. The jvm is already in debug mode and I can set a breakpoint manually to archive what is desired but of course this should work automatic so if I choose "step into" in my degubber it results in a stop in that particular method only once and invisible to the user.

Is this somehow possible with jdt to have such a "temporary" breakpoint?

[1] https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber-eclipse/discussions/441

Back to the top