[jdt-dev] JDT - Please Do NOT Commit to Master until BETA_JAVA17 merge.

Dear All,

As we all are aware,  the Java 17 support that will be merged on Wednesday, September 15th after the official Java 17 GA. Request all to hold commits to JDT.Core master until Thursday, 16th September 2021 ie until the BETA_JAVA17 branch is merged to master. This will ensure that Beta merge is smooth devoid of complex conflict resolution issues.

I will send out a mail immediately after the merge.

Note: Though my primary request is for JDT.Core, the request applies to other JDT components (ui/debug) as well, since they work in unison.

Thanks for your understanding as always,

Manoj.

PS: Please note that the "master is open" message post RC2 is expected next week - however, the request is to wait  further until BETA_JAVA17 merge which happens the week after that, expected to come in at 16th September- Repeating just to be clear.

Back to the top