[jdt-dev] Traditional Hierarchy Viewer

There is a bug open whereby there are 3 interfaces:

AA which is extended by BB which is extended by CC

When BB is selected and we do Open Type Hierarchy,

it only shows BB and CC, but not AA in the Traditional View (Show Type Hierarchy)
Clicking on the Show the Supertype Hierarchy button displays BB then AA as expected.

TraditionalHierarchyViewer.java has the following comment:

 * A TypeHierarchyViewer that looks like the type hierarchy view of VA/Java:
 * Starting form Object down to the element in focus, then all subclasses from
 * this element.
 * Used by the TypeHierarchyViewPart which has to provide a TypeHierarchyLifeCycle
 * on construction (shared type hierarchy)

Is there any good reason to not show the parent interface (AA) in the view because it does not extend Object?  I would as a user want to see the whole tree and not have to click the "Show the Supertype Hierarchy" button to see the super interfaces.

I have a simple fix unless there is a good reason for the behaviour.

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top