Re: [jdt-dev] Performance degradation switching from 1.8 to 11

> On Sep 30, 2020, at 08:31, Andrey Loskutov <loskutov@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I would prefer 3), but I would first apply your O(N) -> O(1) patch, because the bigger refactoring could take lot of time / cause lot of side effects.

That makes sense. I went ahead and separated my performance related changes.

The reviews are now ready to be reviewed. All tests pass. I have a feature patch that I'm going to start distributing internally for larger feedback.

Here is a query to all the reviews:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/q/is:open+owner:gunnar%2540wagenknecht.org+-is:wip+-is:ignored+topic:%22scalability%22

The list so far is:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170031
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170032
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170035
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170089
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170096
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170097
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170100
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/+/170127

There are a few smaller ones. The highlights are: SearchableEnvironment, JavaSearchNameEnvironment and a JavaModelCache miss for module-info.class.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/