[jdt-dev] How to build org.eclipse.jdt.launching?

Having overcome the original problem with my build of org.eclipse.jdt.launching, I now find that the jar file is not being seen. I think this may be because the jar is not signed. I tried adding "-Peclipse-sign" but that just leads to timeouts - apparently this is something you are supposed to run from within build.eclipse.org.

But anyway, I don't want to get sucked in to problem after problem so maybe I'm not approaching this right? I just want to play around with the eclipse jdt debug launcher to see what is possible - I don't want to become a committer or anything like that. Just want to add my own org.eclipse.jdt.launching.vmConnectors.

Is there an alternative way I should be going about this? I build Eclipse by following some instructions here which seemed to work: http://arnaud-nauwynck.github.io/2017/01/05/building-eclipse-platform.html. Just can't seem to do my own mods.

BTW I tried another approach of creating a project from scratch completely separate from eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator but got stuck trying to find dependency forĀ org.eclipse.jdt.debug.core.JDIDebugModel because this is inside jdimodel.jar.

Cheers,

David

Back to the top