[jdt-dev] Support for Java 11 now available for Eclipse 2018-09 (4.9)

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce Java 11 support for Eclipse 2018-09 (4.9). The release notably includes the following Java 11 features:

  • Nest-Based Access Control (JEP 181)
  • Basic support for Dynamic Class-File Constants (JEP 309)
  • Local-Variable Syntax for Lambda Parameters (JEP 323)

The release can be obtained through one of the following ways:

P2 update site:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.9-P-builds/P20180926-0920/

Java 11 Market place entry:
https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/java-11-support-eclipse-photon-49

Or you can try out our next 4.10 Integration Build from:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/

I encourage everyone to try it out. And thanks everyone who contributed to this release.

Regards,
Jay

Back to the top