Post Java 11, we can take a stand that we will run the tests only at level 8. Going forward, we can make this a rule, as to when the next long-term support version comes, we will shift from Java 8 to Java 11 onwards.

Regards,
Manoj

Inactive hide details for Stephan Herrmann ---07/22/2018 05:04:48 PM---Just to add the data from our first Java 10 based gerritStephan Herrmann ---07/22/2018 05:04:48 PM---Just to add the data from our first Java 10 based gerrit build: 95,268 tests (+12507)

From: Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
To: jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 07/22/2018 05:04 PM
Subject: Re: [jdt-dev] Builds: regressions, compliance levels ...
Sent by: jdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Just to add the data from our first Java 10 based gerrit build:

 95,268 tests (+12507)
 Took 1 hr 13 min.

Faster than I expected. Unfortunately, we can't trust Jenkin's
break down of execution times - test.compiler.regression is said
to have taken 4 days 2 hrs ;p -, but surefire results show 47min.
spent alone in that test suite, so I believe we could significantly
cut down execution times.

Stephan

https://ci.eclipse.org/jdt/job/eclipse.jdt.core-run.javac-10
https://ci.eclipse.org/jdt/job/eclipse.jdt.core-Gerrit/1037