Re: [jdt-dev] Requesting fast track access to JDT

On 14.06.2018 19:17, Lars Vogel wrote:
My offer stands to help with JDT work. I really don't think it is a good investment of the current team to review releng or sonar warning patches. They should focus on the complex stuff.

Let's please distinguish releng work from sonar warning patches:

* Some JDT committers may indeed see *releng work* as outside their responsibility.
  (Obviously this doesn't count for Jay, who in reverse is frequently working
   as Sravan's stand in).

* If any *code change* is not worth the review by a JDT committer,
  then the code change may just not be worth it. Committers need to
  have full control over the code they are responsible for.

[...]

Are you also willing to help in reviewing JDT UI patches?

I believe that all volunteer committers are willing to do a review every
now and then, provided they are convinced of a significant benefit of the patch.
You may kindly ask me, but please also accept when my conclusion is negative.
You probably get best results if you ask a person who has recently made
changes in the same code area, or on a related topic.

best,
Stephan

PS: Back to (releng) work...

Back to the top