From: jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jdt-core-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jayaprakash Arthanareeswaran
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 7:33 PM
To: Eclipse JDT Core developers list.
Cc: jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jdt-core-dev] Why eclipse.jdt.core depends from eclipse.jdt.ui?

Good question. The answer is, historically 'jdt.apt' was not part of 'jdt.core' but was a different component altogether, just like jdt.core and jdt.ui. But when we moved to git we thought it was logical to move jdt.apt into the same repo as jdt.core as apt depended lot more on jdt.core than jdt.ui.

In your case, looks like the issue is org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core references org.eclipse.jdt.apt.ui through some x-friends declarations, which probably can be avoided. Can you confirm you are not trying to load jdt.apt.ui but only jdt.apt.core? If so, please raise a new bug for this.

Regards,
Jay