[jdt-dev] JavaOne talks

Greetings JDT team.

I think that we have a real opportunity to get some Eclipse-based Java 8 talks accepted at JavaOne. I think Stephan's talk from EclipseCon would be a nice fit. It might be cool if we could pitch a talk about JDT involvement in the development of the various specs (e.g. lambdas). Can we reasonably claim that the involvement of the JDT team made Java 8 better? Or reasonably talk about collaboration between the expert group and JDT?

Perhaps even just a simple talk that describes the new functionality provided for end users.

Is anybody interested in proposing such a talk?

Can you think of anybody else (perhaps a well-known community member) who can represent the JDT with a talk?

As a final alternative, I can propose something if I can get some help from the team to help me assemble a presentation.

Thoughts, concerns, questions?

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects, The Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top