[jdt-dev] JDT Refactoring API

Hi,

I am writing a program to automatically generate and perform refactorings (for academic research). For example, the tool should rename all methods by adding m_ in the very beginning of method names.

I hope that I can reuse existing JDT refactoring classes, e.g., RenameJavaElementDescriptor.  But I do not want to show dialog boxes to interact with users because the tool is expected to be automatic.

I can specify the new method name by RenameJavaElementDescriptor.setNewName(“m_”+javaObj.getElementName()), but I could not avoid the dialog box which expects users to click the ‘finish’ button.

Can anybody kindly tell me how to avoid the boring dialog boxes?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Back to the top