[jdt-dev] Running formatter from the command line

Hello all,

I am trying to run the formatter from the command line with a command similar to this:

/path/to/eclipse -nosplash -application org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter -verbose -config .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs path/to/java/src

Unfortunately I get this error message:

A problem occurred while reading the config file .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs.

Usage: eclipse -application org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCodeFormatter [ OPTIONS ] -config <configFile> <files>

   <files>   Java source files and/or directories to format.
             Only files ending with .java will be formatted in the given directory.
   -config <configFile> Use the formatting style from the specified properties file.
                        Refer to the help documentation to find out how to generate this file.

   -help                Display this message.
   -quiet               Only print error messages.
   -verbose             Be verbose about the formatting job.

I uploaded my settings here, in case you need it.
http://cl1p.net/eclipse/

Any ideas?

Back to the top