[jdt-dev] Clarifications for : JDT e4 contribution: improve support for java-like languages

Hi,

Before starting an e4 incubation project to have a JDT support in e4, I
think it is good to clarify the staffing of this project.
I expect any people that are interested by this topic to apply for commit
rights on this project.

The actual JDT team cannot provide team members on this project on a
regular basis. Ideally I would like to see people that faced the problem
of extending JDT in order to support other languages to drive this effort.
We just don't have the resources to be heavily involved on the e4
incubation project as well as the 3.x streams (maintenance and 3.7).

Of course we can be available for consulting if major issues arise.

How does this sound?

Who would be willing to be involved in this e4 incubation project ?

If enough people show an interest, the next step will be to start the e4
incubation project and nominate committers for it.

Thanks for your attention,

Olivier

Back to the top