[jdt-dev] Performing Custom Refactorings--Checking Post Conditions

Hi everyone,

I have written a refactoring using eclipse refactoring framework. The framework provides feature to check preconditions and performs change operation. I am wondering, how can I check the post conditions, when a certain changes has been implemented? This is necessary sometimes to check the semantic integrity of the code, e.g. we can run unit tests to verify post conditions, but is there any other way that we can automate this thing.

Scenario is: say my custom refactoring is a composition of differnt primitive refactorings. If i apply refactoring and there is some sort of error pops out (say compilation error). Can I rollback the whole refactoring, as we usually do in database transactions?

Your reply or any pointer to this question will be highly appreciated.

Cheers, Ali

Back to the top