RE: [jdt-dev] Option for verbose JDT output/logging

Filed as bug #80060.

-----Original Message-----
From: jdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kent Johnson
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:01 PM
To: jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jdt-dev] Option for verbose JDT output/logging

I suggest you open a bugzilla PR with more detail so we can track this down.

How many errors do you have in your projects?

Are any projects failing to build?

Do you have cycles in your project dependencies?

Is the 3 hour build repeatable once it happens or does the next build take
20 minutes?

BTW: Why are you doing 'clean builds'? Is the incremental build not
working for you?

"Scott Delap" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/02/2004 03:04 PM
Please respond to
jdt-dev

<jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[jdt-dev] Option for verbose JDT output/logging

I have about 500megs of source in my project.  Sometimes a clean/build
takes 20 minutes other times it takes 3 hours.  I would think the process
of clean then build would be the same each time and reasonable consistent
time wise.  Is there any way to turn on a verbose mode so I can attempt to
see where the slowdowns are. Often I simply get an "Operation in progress"
dialog with no option for details.  I'm then forced to just wait.

Scott