[jdt-dev] Q: Copy -n- Paste Syntax colored code to other tools

Hi - I was wanting to copy and paste code (with the syntax
highlighting) into a email (Outlook).  When using the Eclipse Java
editor the pasted text would not include the syntax coloring.  I asked
another user who said they happened upon a trick to get the color
coding.  They use the 'right mouse' menu item 'Compare With Local
History' - this launches a 'diff' window that contains syntax colored
code selecting the text from this window retains the syntax
highlighting when pasted.

My question would be why this window and not the main Java editor?

Would this be a good additional feature for the JDT editor?

I would like it.

=====
Regards,

David A. Koontz