[jdt-dev] Source modification plugins [e.g. Refactors]

Title: Source modification plugins [e.g. Refactors]

I'm hoping to write a plugin (or two) to perform some source modification tasks, e.g. I have a few refactors I want to create.

I'm been reading through the JDT plugin guide and there doesn't seem to be any extension points that are suitable.

I could add an standard plugin action targeted at the Java editor, but I couldn't find a way to get a CompilationUnit out of an EditorPart.

Is it possible to write new refactors as plugins?
Are there any examples out there?

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

Back to the top