Re: [jdt-dev] Out Of Memory Error

Thanks for your suggestion.
I have tried it but it does not solve the problem.
I am running on a P3/NT/512MB/JDK1.3.1_01
i have also tried running the eclipse from the command line by
eclipse.exe -vm c:\jdk1.3.1_01\bin\javaw.exe -ms128m -mx256m

I have attached a txt file of the error printed in the log.
Please let me know if any of you have any idea of the problem is.

Thanks

--- Olivier Thomann <Olivier_Thomann@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you using something like:
> -vmargs -Xmx256M
> on the command line to start Eclipse. This will increase the heap size.
>
> Olivier
>

>                       Anil Vaitla
>
>                       <anilvaitla@yaho         To:      jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>                       o.com>                   cc:
>
>                       Sent by:                 Subject: Re: [jdt-dev] Out Of
> Memory  Error
>                       jdt-dev-admin@ec
>
>                       lipse.org
>

>                       16/09/2002 09:39
>
>                       AM
>
>                       Please respond
>
>                       to jdt-dev
>

> Thanks for your response.
> I am using a NT workstation with 512MB RAM. I have also checked the task
> manager and it seems that there is plenty of RAM available (> 200MB).
> MY JDK is 1.3.1_01
>
> -Anil

http://sbc.yahoo.com
!SESSION ----------------------------------------------------------------------
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.launcher 4 0 Sep 18, 2002 11:44:18.532
!MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
!STACK
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

!SESSION Sep 18, 2002 16:31:12.303 ---------------------------------------------
java.version=1.4.0_02
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -install file:C:/eclipse/
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Sep 18, 2002 16:31:12.318
!MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Sep 18, 2002 16:31:12.334
!MESSAGE java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
!STACK 0
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Sep 18, 2002 16:31:26.303
!MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Sep 18, 2002 16:31:26.303
!MESSAGE java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
!STACK 0
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
!SESSION Sep 18, 2002 16:33:55.693 ---------------------------------------------
java.version=1.3.1_01
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -ms128m -mx256m -install file:C:/eclipse/
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Sep 18, 2002 16:33:55.709
!MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Sep 18, 2002 16:33:55.709
!MESSAGE java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
!STACK 0
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
	<<no stack trace available>>