[jdt-debug-dev] jdt debugger: Locate sources: a bug ?!

Hi,

        I have created a sample Java program to demonstrate my question. This sample is included at the end of this message.

        The issue is:  the source file name Fooo.java vs. the class name Foo (the class file name Foo.class).

        I think these namings are conforming to the Java Language standard. And this sample program has been compiled, run, and debugged on both Sun JDK 1.3 and MS J++ fine.

        But when I traced this  program through the eclipse debugger, I got a message that the source for Foo could not be found (actually, Fooo.java and Foo.class were in the same directory).

        Does a debugger locate source files through source file paths and line numbers in the debug sections of object files.

        Is this a bug or did I not set up correctly? Thanks for feedback.

Xiangmin

The sameple program:

// File Name: Fooo.java

package com.sample.program;