[jdt-apt-dev] AnnotationProcessors, Jar files, and quick fixes

Hi everyone,

I have discovered APT in the last few days and first of all, I have to say how incredibly handy and elegant this is. The JDT-APT implementation is also pretty impressive, great job, really!

I have two concerns. First of all, I'd find it nice to be able to specify also a directory of compiled classes in addition to jar files and plugins as a place to put AnnotationProcessors. For now, each time I change my processor source code, I have to regenerate the jar file referenced from the project properties page as source for AnnotationProcessors. If I could just specify the "bin/" folder of the project containing my processor, I wouldn't have to do this — or am I missing something?

Second question (I guess common, put couldn't get it to work) is about providing a quick fix for my errors. Do I need to package whatever classes are needed to do this in a plugin that belongs in my plugins folder, or can these classes be looked up in some referenced location, similarly to what is done for AnnotationProcessors?

Thanks in advance for your answers. Love this API, really, I haven't been so excited about a language features and what it allows in years.

Cheers,
J.-P.

Back to the top