[january-dev] January usage on Android?

Hi January team,

For an Android app we need to do some "simple" image processing to manipulate the camera video stream, which is really a sequence of RGBA frames.

It appears that the Android "virtual display ImageReader" offers the video stream as a bytebuffer on which a kind of "shape" can be defined in a similar way as January represents its DataSets if I remember correctly.

One particular case is where certain mobile devices appear to pass more "pixels" than the actual camera resolution.

I.e. they add a black area to the right in the camera image for some unimaginable reason, so we want to remove that.

I think we could use January slicing for that.

So the question is, would January Dataset construction (from a bytebuffer) and slicing be useable in an Android app?

thanks

erwin

Back to the top