[january-dev] Units of Measurement CQs

Hi all,

As part of Baha's work on units of measurement support for January there are some third party dependencies that need to be resolved.

Here's my summary of where things stand (based on input from Baha/Werner):

1. https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/javax.measure/unit-api/1.0
Has an approved CQ for SmartHome, so we need a piggyback CQ and someone to commit to Orbit?

2. https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/si.uom/si-units/0.7
Needs a CQ raised. Has a BSD license so expect it shouldn't be a problem

3. https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/tec.units/unit-ri/1.0.3
Unit-RI cannot be used by Eclipse projects because of an issue between the JDK GPL (despite Classpath-Exception it seems) and Eclipse licenses.Need to steer clear of this.

So to resolve [1] and [2] we need a January committer to file CQs and an Orbit committer to get jars in.
Also may need to give IP team a heads up that this is needed for our October release.

Baha - let me know if I've missed anything.

Tracy

Back to the top