[january-dev] Accept pull request for EAVP clean up for January IC?

Dear PMC,

In the science working group we are working merge the data structures from several of our projects into a single project so that they might be more easily used. One set of data structures is the geometry and meshing structures in EAVP.

Jonah Graham just submitted a pull request to EAVP that removed 47 binary or build-related files to clean up the data structures in EAVP. These were erroneously committed (see https://github.com/eclipse/eavp/issues/73) and need to be removed before the source code can be added to the January IC.

Now, the problem is that some of these files were not binary and the resulting pull request is over 1,000 lines. You can see the pull request here:

https://github.com/eclipse/eavp/pull/74/files

Does this pull request need to be reviewed by the IP team to be accepted? If so, can I just delete these files and commit the change as an alternative to a IP review? We are hoping to get the January IC CQ submitted today.

Thanks very much for your time!

Jay

--
Jay Jay Billings