Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [data-dev] New Tools and Challenges of Creating Modern TCK on Persistence Layer

Hi

On Wed, 3 May 2023 at 09:58, Darran Lofthouse <darran.lofthouse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I always find the approach odd that the first thing to do to run a TCK is to edit the poms which are a part of the TCK rather than a mechanism for a vendor to plug in their test instance.

It should run out of the box with *some* implementation (e.g. GlassFish), and then if you want to customize you can edit a profile (to add e.g. WildFly).

That said, it would be useful if we could either persuade Maven to put back the ability to define external profiles, or maybe we can do something with a plug-in here.

Alternatively, the Maven Invoker plug-in gets you pretty far as well in many cases. E.g. your runner pom can setup your server (download and unpack it etc), and then use the invoker plug-in to call the TCK's pom. There's only one thing missing here, and that's to invoke a TCK pom -with additional dependencies-.

With such a feature you could put your Arquillian Container (connector) on the classpath of the TCK pom, and then everything would work without editing that pom. Maybe the invoker maintainers would be open to a PR or feature request for this?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top