Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [EXTERNAL] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Sync up on EE 11 development schedule, spec ballot completion of non-platform spec + platform spec...
  • From: Edward Burns <Edward.Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 22:47:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=microsoft.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=microsoft.com; dkim=pass header.d=microsoft.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=NS1iMBbPyLVPC1/IVl2QYkO2WLmWVKXdx396cj53XWM=; b=W/34hIcM3gRc9cyku5XB5KafUQjVEwxzL0aJWpDfckrNmVjH9hWxZyRUL5idzjaTjtXzZMMPoKZQO+UQnb2BNdAOizjJYqWUV+ceImOL4xC0ieh7XVX1eiZvPsvJ29l4OGqxXh9UQZiVfpsVzuQGTZejs9opi9EJY/ncznso0VIWLNfMLCetstk6f0j5pRWpnKOjcO5QVrCXVN6z/UTOgW683Av/bD9PI+fryBxDLleZFPRWLzdFmuS7x2eK1IzoUTF3bwjBuWG3DkASE+QL/KhIPJ2t3X5oFLb6ZM3kYT7CoFXqPtMt1xVhPFTspPZ3lsE9rI+8oPbikaD1U/hRWQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=P31DQ9v6kniWUZ6fq0hGhSbkY7X0NWvWnlJ1tNzrfp4CkwpmenLijTalrGhGplLwkyv8K5eH3waNFpRDWk7Cnc78WtuR3fCZwZ6cQrr3S9IgTaWcm8CGConuSUnGYtlu6zQ4MggvD2h0vWSlNX/vPkC9oHP1ZWHDmq0daCYkdvF0hWXBr4ID7Iubmp76u0LTuXlUi4emHxurh6OPNr0e7eH3KyLdh4EewEeYEeH359gxKGUKO5wZdWNpbGqOLsPWVlymZdXMXVIFnaTgUdRRVums7vjWoglCI12zei/ZBPZrA0G7S61nuNxg8zzYci8AqO84P6lI3K+8BD8zYmBUTg==

Hello Scott,

Thanks for bringing this to the top of our inboxes. I view the “Platform TCK refactoring for EE11” as the long pull for the entire enterprise. I view the “TCK Call for Jakarta EE” meeting, and the “jakartaee-tck-dev” email list as the right venue to iterate this discussion, so I am dropping jakartaee-platform-dev via Bcc.

Briefly, on the matter of schedule, I brought up your “sensing that we are not all in sync on what needs to be done for Jakarta EE 11 to be release” as “rumblings that Q1CY2024” may not be realistic. Upon doing so, I was met with an assurance that we have some flexibility on that time frame. Because I am new in role I don’t feel comfortable saying more in this forum.

That said, I am going to create a meeting between yourself, Arjan, and I to make sure that Arjan and I fully understand your perspectives and concerns. I’ll record the meeting for transparency, but at this point I don’t think it’s useful to have a large-participant meeting just to help get me up to speed.

Arjan Tijms and Scott Marlow:

Here is a doodle poll for meeting times: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/aKLGg8xb . Please fill it out.

Arjan: I assume you are on Jakarta-tck-dev. If not, please get on it. In the meantime I have added you individually to Bcc so you see this important message.

Please excuse any clumsiness in the above message and the way I’m approaching it. It should get better as I mature in the release co-coordinator role.

Thanks,

Ed