From: jakartaee-tck-dev <jakartaee-tck-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, 5 November 2022 at 12:31 AM
To: jakartaee-tck developer discussions <jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Gurunandan Rao <gurunandan.rao@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [External] : Re: Migrating repos to https://github.com/jakartaee

As per note https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/helpdesk/-/issues/2101#note_1035606:

"

@smarlowsxi please provide a +1 as the project lead and let us know, when it's a good time to do this move.

Please be aware that committers and contributors will have to adjust their local git environment to point to the new URL. Also CI jobs/pipelines will need to be adjusted.

"

I didn't know that CI jobs/pipelines will need to be adjusted.  Has anyone where gone through that before?  We have many CI jobs/pipelines:

  1. Jakarta EE 8 CI jobs are in the root of https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck.  I don't expect that we would do any service releases for EE 8 but if we did, the jobs/pipelines could be adjusted at that time.
  2. Jakarta EE 9.1 CI jobs are in https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/9.1/.  I don't expect that we would do any service releases for EE 9.1 but if we did, the jobs/pipelines could be adjusted at that time.
  3. Jakarta EE 10 CI jobs are in https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/10/.  We already are planning to do a service release for the Platform TCK + Servlet TCK.  We are in progress on a Core Profile TCK service release as well.  We will need to update the EFTL Platform TCK jobs + https://ci.eclipse.org/jakartaee-tck/job/10/job/jakarta-coreprofile-tck-build to reference the new git repo.

We will share instructions for updating our local repo + forks.

Lets wait a few days to before commenting our +1 that it is a good time for the github repo migration to start.  That will give us time to think about the CI changes and complete the pending service releases.  If anyone knows of other reasons to delay the migration, please do speak up.

Scott