Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [External] : standard recipe to follow for refactoring the Platform TCK tests...

On 10/24/22 3:30 AM, Alwin Joseph wrote:

Hi,

I have tried to cover some of the points in wiki [1] that could be useful while refactoring standalone TCKs into separate repository as Junit tests. This can be improved as we get more inputs and queries.

Thanks Alwin!

I created a pr https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/1129 with an asciidoc copy of your new wiki note (stored in new notes folder).  What do you and others think about trying to store notes in the Platform TCK repo?  The advantage of storing notes directly in the Platform TCK repo is that anyone can create a pull request which we tried before with google pages that didn't seem as easy as just opening the wiki page editor.

If others want to try this, we can update your new wiki page to link to the merged pr (once merged).

IMO, this is a good idea for design notes or any notes that we expect to last for a long time.  IMO we should always use the wiki for things like TCK status information as we want that to be quick/easy to update.

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/wiki/Standard-Rules-while-separating-standalone-TCKs-from-platform-TCK