Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Should Platform TCK tests that include Managed Beans be removed from the EE 10 Platform or updated to include an empty beans.xml?

I was just looking at https://jakarta.ee/specifications/faces/4.0/ which mentions:

"
We also intend to continue modernizing by moving more things to CDI.
.
.
.
Continue re-basing on CDI:

CDI events
Internal artefacts as CDI beans
Additional artefacts injectable
"

But the above description doesn't mention that Faces 4.0 is no longer compatible with applications that previously worked but do not with Faces 4.0 since CDI is not active by default in EE 10.  The well known workaround is to add a beans.xml which is what we did in the new Faces tck, which I now see is the same change we need to make in the Platform TCK.

So on the surface it may seem that CDI 4.0 broke the existing Platform TCK tests but it might really be that Faces 4.0 changed it's requirements to no longer work with Faces applications that are configured with CDI discovery mode == none.

Is my observation correct about Faces 4.0 breaking compatibility with applications that do not have CDI enabled?  If yes, I will start updating the tests to include needed beans.xml and update the new morraja issue that I opened.

Scott