Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] Review of Platform TCK removal of duplicate Jakarta JSON Binding tests

Scott,

In your posting re: JSON-B, you said “In summary, every Jakarta EE 10 implementation must pass the Standalone JSON-B TCK which validates that Application Client, Servlet, Server Pages, and Enterprise Beans can use the JSON Binding API successfully.”  But there’s some confusion in my mind as to whether or not the standalone JSON-B TCK actually covers these things you’ve mentioned.

I’ve included a thread from the jsonb-dev mailing list below that seems to describe the new JSON-B TCK as something more akin to the Direct Injection TCK, which is more or less run against the implementation and not a full EE environment.  Is this acceptable and/or what we expected?  It’s similar to the sort of thing that Kyle received pushback for in the PR[1] to remove the concurrency coverage from the platform TCK where different vehicles (and indeed the entire server environment) have not been reproduced in the new TCK.

Thanks.

-Brian

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/pull/816

Brian Decker