Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [External] : Re: Is TCK compliance required by defautl?

On 12/8/21 1:16 PM, Lukas Jungmann wrote:
On 12/8/21 6:04 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
I believe this has been relaxed to effectively some configuration as there is no discussion of this in the TCK process:
https://jakarta.ee/committees/specification/tckprocess/ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jakarta.ee/committees/specification/tckprocess/__;!!ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!b26NLrg_lDo2FbedfEg1sB7MQVUtbO7oRp61i5676CjynH9BiQhyfWM_EztqHS42Q2M$>

If the platform user guide says otherwise, I think that should be changed.

there are also standalone TCKs. Do you think it would make sense to make the "some configuration" explicit in the TCK process or is it expected that non-platform TCKs can define this differently?

Is this for new TCKs that we are creating?

For existing Standalone TCKs, we already have some variations between configuration property names in the ts.jte files (e.g. typical pattern is to have a `$technologyname.home` variable, such as `jaxws.home` or `javaee.home`) which means we have defined this differently in the past.

Scott

thanks,
--lukas