Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] How are we grouping EJB 2.x view test requirements?

On 2/26/21 6:59 PM, David Blevins wrote:
On Feb 25, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/25/21 8:25 PM, David Blevins wrote:
Per the Jakarta Enterprise Beans spec the original EJB 2.x remote interfaces are marked optional.  These optional tests are distinct and orthogonal to any CORBA topics.  Do we have these somehow grouped in the TCK and is this grouping (if it exists) separate from any CORBA-related tests?
None of the optional EJB 2.x tests are directly using org.omg.CORBA.ORB (or any org.omg.CORBA class).

We have a ejb_2x_optional test group which are the following test packages:

com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb/entity/cmp20, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/deploy/entity/cmp20, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb/entity/cmp20

We have a ejb_1x_optional tests group which are the following test packages:

com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb/entity/bmp, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb/entity/cmp, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb/entity/lrapitest, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb/localaccess, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb/localaccess/ebaccesstest, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/deploy/entity/bmp, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/deploy/entity/cmp11, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/bb, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/deploy, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/pm, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/sec, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/timer, com/sun/ts/tests/ejb/ee/tx

The only tests that are directly using org.omg.CORBA.ORB are under the `com/sun/ts/tests/ejb30` package (none of these are in the optional EJB 2.x test group.
It sounds like we'll need to adjust our previously-existing groups and it sounds like there's a grouping we maybe needed to make in the TCK last release, but didn't.

In the specification we have three optional groups[1]

 - Embeddable Enterprise Beans Container

 - Enterprise Beans 2.x API
      Session Beans
      2.x Local and Remote Home and Component views
      TimedObject interface
      SessionSynchronization interface

 - Entity Beans
      2.x / 1.x CMP/BMP Entity Beans
      Enterprise Beans QL

I'd need to do more digging to figure out what the right tests for each group truly are, but the obvious issue with the groups we have is that all the tests listed under `ejb_2x_optional` and at least some of the tests under `ejb_1x_optional` should be in one group for `entity_beans`.

Did we inherit some of these groups or did we add them post donation?

The groups have been around for many years, well before Jakarta EE.  I think that there is a way to disable CMP/BMP Entity Beans tests.

Scott

-David

[1] https://jakarta.ee/specifications/enterprise-beans/4.0/jakarta-enterprise-beans-spec-core-4.0.html#a9428

Back to the top